For two and a half days, starting on Friday - Sunday night, Lauren, Kayla, Karen, Emily, and I, went to Roseville, CA, for the P.I.E. program. We all believed that this was going to be a training session for us to know how to teach abused teenage girls and how we should act. All the basics of helping others. But it was the total opposite of that. We as the students were put in the position of training. We were being trained to empower ourselves as woman. And their whole theme that weekend was being that superwoman in you.. and growing strong and transforming from a caterpillar to a butterfly. I know it all sounds pretty corney but.. it's not. It was really uplifting and powerful. The first day on saturday was intense, that was literally the breakdown day; more like a emotional roller coaster. And then sunday was the breakthrough day.. once we figured out our problems, we were then taught how to get through them. I met so many awesome people there.. and we all have so much growing within ourselves. Overall, it was awesome.. honestly, i was not going to go, but i was given the chance to participate in that and i believed it made me stronger.. :]
The "breakthrough" day was fun, we did more interactive things. And we did a trust fall and we also broke boards. It was fun. I never in my life thought I would go to something like that. I always told myself that I would never go to a counciling program.. and guess what.. I did. Haha, I thought that it was all going to be for the girls, but in truth it was for us. Which makes sense because if you, the leader, wants to make a difference you have to learn what's wrong with you so you can be able to empower others. Good stuff.
Even though I didn't get it in actual streaming video, the pictures don't lie, sir. (lol, inside joke)


Day 11 [bible verse]: Deut. 30 1-10
Day 12 [bible verse]: Judges 4
Day 13 [bible verse]: 2 Chronicles 5
Day 14 [bible verse]: Galations 3:26 -4:7
amaaaaaaaaaazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletethis is margarita btw.
nicee. thanks for the follow.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad that it worked for you. :) I definitely had some moments last week where I thought, Boy I messed this up....
ReplyDeleteI also found it meaningful. I'm glad you did too.