Monday, March 16, 2009

Ah, Kidz Reach. I love you.

Last saturday was Kidz Reach with the cool cats from Berkeley Church. They came and joined in the fun. I think it helped us have a productive day with Kidz Reach.. and this may have to be because there was a 1:1 kid to adult ratio out there. Usually it would be 5 kids to 1 adult.. imagine that. But I'm glad they came to experience what kidz reach is really about. Oh, what really made me proud w/ our kids was during the church service. Awesome behavior!


(i took this photo from google, not the actual mud cave I was in. :] jst for example)

The highlight of our day was at the mud caves. I never in my life went mud caving before but I'm glad I went. Everyone technically bonded in the caves. Especially when the cave got narrower and narrower with no lights. We relied mostly on the one next to us to guide us. It was awesome. Once we reached the cavern we started singing praise songs. :] But when we were coming going back out i had a slight problem. And that was I got stuck. I could not move.. at all. It was such a struggle. I was getting frusterated and tired. But everyone around me was being so good to help me out. I was really glad I didn't give up and I got through it. That really showed the meaning of if you fail a couple times, always get back on your feet and try again. It also taught me to trust others. I have this mentality that I can do everything on my own and I don't want others to help me. This is a one of the goals that I made at P.I.E. And it truly showed me up during mud caving. I need to let people help me because in this world it's hard try and do it alone.

Honestly, once I got out of the cave I was so relieved. But I was soooo embarrassed. :[ I kind of hung my head down low because of how embarrassed I was.. I still am. I know I shouldn't but I get self concious and it's hard not to.

The next day, I prayed to God, .. and I thanked him for blessing me with all these people around me. Truly on saturday .. that was a day that showed me why I come to kidz reach. And why I love it so much. Like what Sonia says, it's because.. "I feel safe when I'm there. That's my family." God works in mysterious ways, but I'm glad he does.. because that way we can genuinely see the love of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment