Sunday, January 17, 2010

Home

Lately I've been at my grandparents home for a while.. doing work. It doesn't really phase me anymore that they're not there anymore, but I do think about it once in a while whenever I would walk into the rooms they were in. I would remember after my Lolo (grandpa) passed away, my Lola (grandma) also left to stayed in the Philippines, I didn't go inside their home for a long time. I didn't have the guts to face the empty house at the time. It hurt too much inside. I don't really remember when I went inside their home the first time after the death it just didn't feel right. Though I did get over it.. I just miss them.. a lot. I would remember once summer break started all my friends would be off to go hang out, enjoy the sun you know. Most of my summers I would be at my grandparents house. And though it wasn't fun, I was spending time with my grandparents that cannot be taken away from me. I leaned a bunch of things during those summers. The main thing that I hold meaningful is I learned how to cook. My Lola was the main cook. My Lolo just goes out to buy food. Haha, truly traditional. I would always help my Lola in the kitchen. Her cooking was off the chain. Theee best! :) Well I mean I'm sure she had a lot of practice since she had to raise eight children in the Philippines. Tough, she was one bad ass. Lol, I looked up to her so much.. But yeah, seeing myself cook now I remember that she was the one cooking, putting all the ingredients together. She was old, but she still had it in her. Really hardworking she was. I miss her so much. I miss both of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment