Sunday, December 9, 2012


Do you have those dreams that once you wake up you've got to write it down? Yeah, this time around.. it's like that. 
I had some kray-Z emotional dream. But it baffles me how the topic of my dreams come into play, because it's just random ass things, usually from the past or just my subconscious coming out. 
Anyways, this dream was about my bestfriend from kindergarten, Lorrina. Backstory: She was one of my first friends in life (HAHA), well, also with this white girl Pamela but she went astray and then Morgan came into our lives.. and then we became the three musketeers, kinda cuz then Andrew was there too. lol. So we were bestfriends in elementary, and still in middle school. But it got kind of hectic in the 6th grade because we weren't in the same classes anymore. We were really good hanging out with each other every lunch, until there was a time we kind of drifted apart. We started hanging out with other people. I blame myself, because I was the bad guy and I stopped hanging out with them. But during that time is when I met some of my bestfriends, still to this day, Caitlin and Sara. I knew Lorrina, Morgan and Andrew were sooooo upset with me. But we still kept in contact with each other. I made an effort to come hang out with them once in a while, but it was different.. 
Come high school, that was a different story. That's when I didn't see them as much. We totally split! Lorrina went to Bethel, Morgan went to North Hills, and Andrew was mia until later (but that's a diff story). WE hardly made contact with each other then.. probably just because we moved around, and didn't have each others numbers. 
A part of me was upset that the group of friends that I grew up with were gone, kinda. But I made new friends, and I'm guessing everything happens for a reason. 
In the last years of high school is where I tried to get back into contact with them. All thanks to facebook. Morgan wasn't having it, since it had been so long since we talked, and it made it awkward. But Lorrina wasn't so butthurt, so we exchanged numbers and caught up. I found out that at the time she had a boyfriend. :) They would play piano and I would listen, it was pretty awesome. We made sure to keep contact after high school, since she told me she was going to the Philippines for college. We were good about using Yahoo! chat and shit. hahah. But then I think it was sophmore year, when I was chatting with her on Yahoo, and then.. there was a turn in her words. She told me that she didn't want to talk to me anymore. That she was better off in the Philippines.. I was taken back so bad. I was like what the fuck just happened? And it got too awkward, I stopped talking to her, because she didn't want to have nothing to deal with me. Thinking back, it was probably karma playing games on me, since I abandoned them before.
We would see her parents at church, and my mom would ask how is Lorrina, and if i still keep in contact with her. I told her I didn't because she was in the Philippines. But then one day, after mass ended we saw her parents, and her, and her brother. We went to say HI, i tried to catch up with her but she is still the timid type. GOSH. And she made it all types of awkward. I told my mom what happened, and she was surprised that she would do that. I was like, mom, it's okay.. if that's what she wants, i've got to respect it.
Til this day, thinking about how it went down with some of my old friends, still gets to me. But I'm thankful it happened, in a way, it showed me that I am able to make my own decisions, find friends who truly want you there, and just be happy with it. I've got great friends that God has blessed me with. We don't see/talk to each other every day, but when we do, it's like we picked back up where we left off. It works. I love them. 
Honestly, I didn't talk about my dream, but in short cuz this is waaaay too long, Lorrina stayed with us, and I was her roommate, and she was acting like a diva, brat, and acted like "she was better off." The irony was, her better off self was living in our house. HAHA FAIL. 
So the moral of this story is to love and cherish the friends you have if you don't shit happens. Hahah. 

No comments:

Post a Comment